Here is your official resource to see every active NFL Quarterback’s record against teams with a winning record. This tool will allow you to easily find and compare every NFL QB against other QBs.
NFL QB records vs winning teams chart
- QB must have started 10 games in the NFL to qualify
- The quarterback must have started the game as the officially announced starter per NFL records
- The opponent must have finished the season with a record above .500 to qualify as a winning team
- The data and each player’s individual page will be updated after the completion of each NFL regular season.
Please reference Sports and Fitness Digest if you use this information.
Why QB Win/Loss Record vs Winning Teams?
I started to dive into this stat for every quarterback because many would use this stat to argue that said quarterback didn’t beat anyone good. I often see people use this argument to say players like Kirk Cousins and Matthew Stafford are not good and just put up empty stats.
When I started to look at other players I found that very few quarterbacks have a good record against teams that finished the season with a record above .500. Even some of the greatest quarterbacks to ever step foot on the field have losing records against winning teams.
People tend to disregard excellent individual performances or overvalue average/poor individual performances depending on the team outcome. While quarterback play is very important we must not forget that Football is the ultimate team game. Defense, Coaching, Special Teams, and the rest of the offense all play a part in every win or loss.
This data confirmed my stance that football is the ultimate team game.
More info on every NFL QB against winning teams
Page and table updates
- Updated Daniel Jones and Jimmy Garoppolo table entry and individual page.
- Updated Dak Prescott table entry and individual page.
- Updated Matthew Stafford and Josh Allen table entry and individual page.
- Updated Kirk Cousins table entry and individual page.
- Updated Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson table entry and individual pages.
- Added Teddy Bridgewater to the table & created an individual page
- Added Derek Carr & Mitchell Trubisky to the table & created individual pages.
- Added Drew Lock, Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Jared Goff, & Carson Wentz to the table & created individual pages.
- Added Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Marcus Mariota, & Tom Brady to the table & created individual pages.
- Added Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, & Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, & Josh Allen to the table & created individual pages.
- Added Kirk Cousins, Baker Mayfield, & Lamar Jackson to the table & created individual pages.
- Added Jimmy Garoppolo, Patrick Mahomes, & Aaron Rodgers to the table & created individual pages.