Here is your official resource to see every active NFL Quarterback record against teams with a winning record. This tool will allow you to easily find and compare every NFL QB against other QB’s.
NFL QB Records vs Winning Teams
- QB must have started 10 games in the NFL to qualify
- The quarterback must have started the game as the officially announced starter per NFL records
- The opponent must have finished the season with a record above .500 to qualify as a winning team
- The data and each player’s individual page will be updated after the completion of each NFL regular season.
- Please reference Sports and Fitness Digest and/or Dominique Clare if you use this in an article.
- Please mention @SportsFitDigest and/or @Domclare if you share this in a tweet
Why QB Win/Loss Record vs Winning Teams?
I started to dive into this stat for every quarterback because many would use this stat to argue that said quarterback didn’t beat anyone good. I often see people use this argument to say players like Kirk Cousins and Matthew Stafford are not good and just put up empty stats.
When I started to look at other players I found that very few quarterbacks have a good record against teams that finished the season with a record above .500. Even some of the greatest quarterbacks to ever step foot on the field have losing records against winning teams.
People tend to disregard excellent individual performances or overvalue average/poor individual performances depending on the team outcome. While quarterback play is very important we must not forget that Football is the ultimate team game. Defense, Coaching, Special Teams, and the rest of the offense all play a part in every win or loss.
This data confirmed my stance that football is the ultimate team game.